Because of the Covid19 the muzzle became important to help slow the spread of the virus. But we still see more and more children who are not used to seeing the doctor wearing a muzzle, so how will they put it on their faces. The child in this case needs additional support and relief from the parents in order not to feel fear, and you should use simple words to explain why people wear masks.
give him time to look and get used to the new. You must also answer and support child’s questions.
Children’s reaction to seeing masks depends in part on their age. Older children may not reject it much, and most are able to adapt very quickly. They may consider it a heroism.
They take time when they look at people covering their faces with masks and they may feel cautious. Here you have to calmly say, “No, dear.” This could help him relax at first. And if he cries, you must include it, and it will repeat itself.
Usually children look for signs and features in the face of people to feel safe.
When faces are partially hidden by masks, children cannot see the friendly smile or familiar look that makes them feel comfortable. It is normal for them to feel fear. But rest assured, as they can learn that what looked very scary in the beginning is not scary at all.
How can you help children wear a mask?
- They must be given time to put it before leaving the house, so how to take it off, do not rush them to do so.
- Encouraging children to decorate their masks may help. This may provide them with a sense of control of the situation. As a simple touch. From posters or drawings will make a difference, you can also use your shirts, bands, etc.). Sewing the masks on your own, with the help of the slightly older kids, makes them happy. Because they will be able to choose fabrics or determine the appropriate model.
- Teach them to love the mask by playing, such as making the child pretend to be a doctor or nurse while wearing their masks. Then they have a doll called to treat them. There is also a children’s doctor’s kit in the children’s play stores, which you can also use. Stuffed doll.
- You can ask your child to put a mask on a stuffed animal, then ask follow-up questions about why the stuffed animal is wearing the mask. Depending on the nature of the questions and the response method, you can remove any confusion and provide reassurance to the child.
Convince the 6-year-old to wear the mask during doctor’s visits
- Simply tell him: “I think we’ll see doctors and nurses wearing their masks today. Here you can give a simple idea of the -19 virus as a virus that must be prevented.
- Here you can tell your child that we will also wear masks, but focus on what masks can do, rather than terrifying them with the virus, for example, saying: “What we do is one of the ways we can stop the virus. Just like washing your hands completely.”
- Let him speak with his friends at school through the address programs, and praise his commitment to them, here he will feel proud that he is able to be effective in eliminating the virus, and this will sow enthusiasm in the rest of the children.
Convince the 3-year-old to wear the mask while visiting a doctor
- Expect the child’s reaction, as he will not understand and will not accept the mask immediately. Here you have to calm him down and put him on your lap, tell him: “You’re right, I’m here.” After several times it will begin to adapt.
- Be fun and show love. Play with your child even while on a medical visit. Laughter is relaxing.
- Talk to him after the visit. Say, for example: “Everyone was different today, wearing these masks, right?” Then let him tell you how it was like for him. Then I said, “It wasn’t easy. I did a great job. I’m proud of you.”
- You can draw pictures of people wearing masks, others do not wear them or make a mask, and let a doll or stuffed animal try it. This will help him find out what he saw, train and be more prepared in the upcoming times.