So, what is the symptoms of that virus?
A frequently asked question is ‘When to Seek Medical Attention’?
The answer is when developing any of these warning signs you should seek medical attention:
• Trouble breathing
• Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
• New confusion or inability to arouse
• Bluish lips or face
How to prevent getting sick?
Then we should know how it spreads.
• The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person (who are in close contact with one another (about 6 feet).
• Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks, these droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
• Also, from contact with contaminated surfaces or objects.
Thus, For Prevention One should
• Clean hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, and If not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Stay home as much as possible
• Put distance between yourself and other people and this is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick, as the cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
• Wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public (Not a facemask meant for a healthcare worker)
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
SO, at Borg El Arab International Airport, Alexandria Quarantine Our Aim was directed towards …
Prevention the Spread of virus and early detection and isolation of those suspected cases and this was carried out by several steps although detection wasn’t that easy due to the vague flu like symptoms of the virus and even the asymptomatic presentation of some infected cases.
First: measuring the temperature of all passengers and the crew members in the plane once landing, and full examination when a case is suspected followed by isolation and referral to Alexandria Fever Hospital to be tested, and this was held by a team of a doctor and a nurse wearing all the protective clothing.
Second: supplying all with surgical face masks and sanitizers then cleaning and disinfecting the plane.
Third: Registration of all passengers and filling in a form showing how to reach and contact them in Egypt.
Fourth: Cleaning and Disinfecting the whole airport daily.
Another frequently asked question is what to do if I am sick?
At first once you have any flu symptoms STAY HOME and follow up the rules of limiting the spread and Home isolation as mentioned before, get rest and keep hydrated, monitor your symptoms and Do not leave your home, except to get medical care.
If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, contact 105.
How to discontinue home isolation
People with COVID-19 who have stayed home (home isolated) can stop home isolation under the following conditions:
If you will not have a test to determine if you are still contagious, you can leave home after these three things:
No fever for at least 72 hours (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers)
Other symptoms have improved
At least 7 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared
If you will be tested to determine if you are still contagious, you can leave home after these three things have happened:
No fever (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers)
Other symptoms have improved
Received two negative tests in a row, 24 hours apart.
These are the guidelines declared by the CDC for dealing with mild cases of COVID 19 and of course there are many limitations to be applied in some countries as here in Egypt not all people can afford a separate room for isolation and avoid public transport …
So the Ministry of health and population in Egypt has set up a place for isolation of mild cases in Abukir.
And Here is the final word ((Stay Home Stay Safe))