The mother is concerned when the saliva continuously flows from the mouth of her newborn, and when she grows up a little, she puts a small towel and ties it on his chest or clings it to a pin so that he does not wet his clothes, and also so that she can wipe the saliva of the newborn constantly, and that those around her perform this task in their absence. The hadith holds that the newborn’s saliva is not always harmful, but rather has benefits and you can learn about it.
Causes of drooling from the mouth?
- The breath of your child from his mouth during sleep, which leads to a runny saliva during sleep, and you must search for reasons for this so the child may have a fever in the nose.
- Relaxing the child’s body muscles during sleep; Which leads to drooling; Because he does not swallow it, as it does when he is awake, and therefore there is no way to drain and swallow saliva.
- Excessive citrus eating before your baby.
- Take some saliva-stimulating medications.
- An uncomfortable child’s sleep, such as having a temple at the edge of the pillow.
What are the benefits of drooling from the mouth of the newborn?
- Saliva is useful in expelling microbes and germs from the baby’s mouth and throat.
- Saliva helps to swallow food when the baby’s solid food is introduced.
- And saliva indicates the development of the newborn’s digestive system so that it accepts external milk, whether mother’s milk, or formula milk.
- And saliva indicates that the newborn has become ready for the stage of teething.
- Saliva begins to increase in the third month of the newborn’s age, and therefore the mother should not be alarmed by the increase in it because it will indicate the healthy growth of her child, and that he is gradually developing in the stage of his growth like the rest of the children.
- A runny baby’s mouth drooling with his finger in his mouth indicates that he is feeling hungry, so this is a way for the mother to know that she must fill the hunger of her baby.
When is saliva a baby's mouth worrying?
- The drooling of the saliva can be so much from the infant’s mouth that it collects in the ceiling of his throat and mouth, threatening to suffocate.
- When the infant is unable to sleep, breastfeed and eat solid food after the age of six months normally.
- In the event that the infant suffers from redness and congestion in the mouth and throat.
- Salivation becomes abundant with the temperature of the child.
- The infant suffers from reflex, in this case the infant feels a burning sensation in the esophagus, dropping saliva in order to reduce his feeling of burning.
- In certain cases, drooling of the saliva may be a sign that the infant has allergic rhinitis, so the nose is clogged and is forced to open its mouth in order to breathe and the saliva flow frequently.
- In the case of excess saliva without any health reason, it is possible with the age of the infant to use the cup connected to a pacifier to strengthen the muscles of his tongue and thus he has the ability to swallow saliva so he does not suffer from drooling from his mouth.
- Baby pacifier use should be reduced as it increases salivation.