Protection from Corona Virus (COVID 19)
COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes or speaks.
People can also be infected by touching a contaminated surface and then their eyes, mouth or nose.
STAY HOME. SAVE LIVES.
Help stop coronavirus
1 STAY home as much as you can
2 KEEP a safe distance
3 WASH hands often
4 COVER your cough
5 SICK? Call ahead
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze.
Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell.
Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
When to use a mask
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected
Covid – 2019 infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
When and how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
From the World Health Organization (WHO) account
- Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25C degrees
DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- You can recover from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Catching the new coronavirus DOES NOT mean you will have it for life.
- Being able to hold your breath for 10 seconds or more without coughing or feeling discomfort
DOES NOT mean you are free from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) or any other lung disease.
- Drinking alcohol does not protect you against COVID-19 and can be dangerous.
- COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates.
- Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the new coronavirus.
- The new coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.
Last word from Prof. Samir Rafla:
We need to repent from our sins and get closer to God so he may give mercy to the world.
Forgive others and increase love to others not only your neighbors and relatives but even your enemies.
Second: poverty increased so start to donate to the poor more than you do.
Rethink in your priorities and future plans.
With my best wishes to Egypt and all the world.